Hire an agent that is totally informed! Our agents at 360Berkshire Realty Group have more than two decades of experience is listing and selling properties! We constantly monitor the multiple listing service (MLS) and know what properties are going on the market and we know the comps in your neighborhood.
Find out what your home is worth. We will look at homes in your neighborhood and surrounding areas that have recently sold and come up with a fair market value for your home. This is will give you a general idea of what your home should be listed for.
Tips for Selling your Home
1. First impressions count! You never have a chance to make a second impression! No matter how good the interior of your home looks, buyers have already judged your home before they walk through the door just by looking at the exterior.
It's important to make people feel warm, welcome and safe as they approach your house. Spruce up your home's exterior with inexpensive shrubs and brightly colored flowers depending on the season. You can typically get a 100 percent return on the money you put into your home's curb appeal.
2. Your house needs to be "show-ready" at all times. Keep it clean and neat!
3. De-personalize your home. The more personal stuff in your house, the less potential buyers can imagine themselves living there. Put away photos, collectables etc.
4. Maximize the light in your home. Clean and organize closets. Put a fresh coat of paint on the walls. Replace door and cabinet hardware. Quick fixes can pay off!
5. Your kitchen really helps to sell your home! Benefits of remodeling your kitchen are endless and you'll probably get 85% of your money back. With an outdated kitchen, old countertops, cabinets and appliances it's not uncommon for a buyer to knock up to $10,000 off the asking price with an outdated kitchen.